Emmetsburg will be an overnight host for bicyclers traveling across the State of Iowa on RAGBRAI XLII this summer.
The housing committee has requests from 180 teams and individuals who are looking for a yard to camp in or a home to sleep in on Monday night, July 21. Some teams have been located, but there are many more that need to be placed.
Anyone interested in hosting bicycle riders is asked to contact Jeremy Ward at 712-852-5210, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call Jodi Ward at 319-804-9145.
Here is a partial list of riders. Choose the team you can host and contact Jeremy with the team number:
149. Pundzak: A father and son team from Alexandria, Virginia, requesting tenting for 1 tent and shower/toilet facilities, along with space for a vehicle with a 4X6 travel trailer. The 27 year old son has Cerebral Palsy and is an avid biker. Easily accessible toilet/shower facilities would be appreciated.
150. RBC: A team of 2 males and 2 females from Illinois requesting spaces for 2 tents or in house sleeping/floor space for 4. Shower/toilet facilities are requested, as well.
151. A team of 2 females requesting in house sleeping space and shower/toilet facilities. One woman is 74 on her 18th RAGBRAI and her teammate is 60 for her first RAGBRAI (she is honoring her father who had passed away last August ad had ridden EVERY RAGBRAI).
152. Turtleheads: A team of 3 males and 4 females requesting in house sleeping or floor space for all 7 members. The team requests shower/toilet facilities. The team includes four teachers, a college student, and a young couple.
153. Flomax 5: A team of 8 males requesting space for 8 tents or in house sleeping space/floor space, along with shower/toilet facilities. A group of older men in their late 50's and early 60's who can tent, but would love access to toilet/shower facilities.
154. M.E.'s Body Shop: A team of 2 males and 2 females requesting space for a motor home/van along with shower/toilet facilities.
155. Team TEAM: A group of 5 males and 2 females requesting space for 5 tents or in house sleeping/ floor space. The team will be bringing a motor home/van and or request shower/toilet facilities. A group of professionals in their 40's who love RAGBRAI! They would appreciate being close to town.
156. Ghost Riders: A team of 4 males and 5 females requesting space for 4 tents or in house sleeping/ floor space for 8 people. The team will have a motor home/van and appreciate shower/toilet facilities.
157. RyKelMarKat: A team of 1 male and 2 females requesting space for 2 tents and shower/toilet facilities from Colorado. Non-Smoking. The team is a mom (54), daughter, and boyfriend ages 24. Mom was raised in Iowa and graduated from Iowa State.
158. Jar Fear the Up: Team of 6 males and 2 females requesting space for a motor home/van and shower/toilet facilities.
159. Team Minnesota Bikings: Team of 11 males and 12 females. Looking for the possibility of tenting in yard for 10 tents, sleeping space in home, floor space for 20 people, parking in driveway for 15 passenger van and a 12 foot trailer and access to shower and toilet facilities. Many of the members work at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, but others from Puerto Rico, Brainerd in Minnesota, and a teacher home from her second year in Switzerland. Prefer indoor housing, any sheltered space for cots such as a basement or clean garage would work well. Can also tent if yard space is available. Request shower and bathroom. We like to have fun, but are not excessive partyers. We consider ourselves fairly responsible. Team rules are quiet in camp by 10 p.m. and have your gear packed and stacked by the trailer by 8 a.m.
160. Team R We There Yet?: Team of 3 females. Looking for in house sleeping space or floor space for 3 people. Team consists of a teacher, X-Ray tech, and Clerk of Court (judicial clerk) ages 29, 49, 51.
161. Team Energy Spot: Team of 2 males and 3 females. Looking for tenting in yard for 3 tents or sleeping space in home, or floor space for 3. Need driveway space for pickup camper and would like access to shower and toilet facilities.
162. Team Operation Rebound: Team of 2 males. Needs in home sleeping space and a bed or floor space for 2. This team depends on finding a host home in order to participate. Son had a brain tumor at age 6, had to learn to walk and talk all over again. He was in a wheel chair and had feeding tube for 2 years, received radiation and chemo, which left him with a couple of permanent problems. We ride tandem bike. He does not fare well when exposed to extreme heat for long period of time, so air conditioning and good night's sleep is essential. Would need access to refrigeration for injections that have to be refrigerated 24 hours a day. Need for viles and to keep the ice block frozen for the next day. Father has ridden for 25 years and son has ridden last 6 years. Son is attending University of South Carolina in Columbia South Carolina.
163. Team Waskily Wabbits: Team of 2 males and 4 females. Would like sleeping space inside or floor space for 6 in a non-smoking setting and access to shower and toilet facilities. Team of 2 couples and 2 single ladies. We will bring our own bedding and bathroom supplies. We have our own air mattresses and don't mind sharing sleeping space. We don't smoke or drink. Looking for a place to cool down at night and have a shower.
164. Team Motley Crew: Team of 3 males and 5 females. Looking for tenting space in yard for 4 tents and access to shower and toilet facilities. We are quiet and respectful.
165. Team Whalers: Team of 3 males and 4 females. Looking for floor space in home for 7 people, if not in the house then camping in yard for 5 tents. Really would like to have access to shower and toilet facilities. Their team has an average age of 60. They have tents and blow up mattresses, but are aware of storms and would like indoor protection if available.
166. Team Cyclura: Team of 3 males and 1 female. Would like to have floor space inside for 4 people with second choice of tenting in yard for 2 tents. Would like access to shower and toilet facilities. Two teachers, one student and an accountant make up the team.
167. Team Moore-On: Team of 11 males and 4 females. Would like tenting space in a yard for 10 tents, motor home or van in driveway and access to shower and toilet facilities. No smokers and no pets. We are a group that has done RAGBRAI for 23 years together and we are not a party group.
168. Team Naps: Team of 2 males and 1 female. Would like to be in home with sleeping space or floor space for 1-3 people. If not, can tent in yard with 1 tent. Would need room for a motor home or van in driveway and would like access to shower and toilet facilities. Non-smoking and no pets because of allergies. At least one bed would be great.
169. One male rider looking for in home sleeping space or floor space and access to shower and toilet facilities.
170. Team NTD: Group of 3 females looking for in house sleeping space.
171. Team Latch: Team of 5 males. Looking for tenting in yard for 1 tent, motor home or van in driveway and shower and toilet facilities. They are serious riders and more interested in riding than partying.
172. Team S. Crude: Team of 8 males and 4 females looking for in home sleeping space, floor space, or tenting in yard for 11 tents. They also have a school bus they would like to park in a driveway. Would like access to shower and toilet facilities. 4-72 year olds. R.N., UPS Driver, teacher, hair stylist, principal, mike mechanic, fire fighter, group fitness manager. We like to bike and we like to talk.
173. Team TGGOV: Team of 4 males and 4 females. Looking for tenting space for 3 tents in a yard. Looking for space in driveway for a 5th Wheel. We are respectful, responsible, and quiet group. Team made up of an engaged couple, married couple and friends. Team ages range from 46-72. 2 members have been on RAGBRAI 20+ times. They always look forward to host hospitality. Would greatly appreciate access to a water hose.
174. Team Burlington Radio: Team of 2 male looking for in home sleeping space and shower and toilet facilities. A veteran RAGBRAI riders and reporter preparing for 35th consecutive ride. I am the longest continuous rider/reporter/participant on the ride. We are looking for floor space for air mattresses and sleeping bags, although a bed or couch will not be refused. We are both non-smokers and both of us turned 60 recently.
175. Team I Don't Know What Do U Think: Team of 21 males and 6 females. Would like tent camping in a yard for 15 tents, motor home or van in driveway, and access to shower and toilet facilities. They have an RV and a bus. They are a family-oriented group and prefer to stay close to town so they can walk to vendors and entertainment.
176. Single rider looking for in home sleeping space. Retired, looking for a bed, couch to sleep on and shower. Age 74
177. Team RS Kiel Family: Team of 2 males and 4 females. Looking for in house sleeping space or floor space for 6 people. Don't smoke and not pets. Would like access to shower and toilet facilities. A church basement works well for their group. Need the sleeping bag space and we plan on using the public showers.
179. Team TRT: Team of 4 consisting of 50 year olds and support people who are in their 70s. Also consists of a pediatric speech pathologist, who likes to exercise, garden and has published a children's book, a high school English teacher for Pequot Lakes MN Charter School, who likes to garden, bike, and travel, and an owner of Mickey's Pizza and Subs in Brainerd MN, who likes to bike, golf and travel. Have a Honda Pilot pulling a 12 foot pop up camper that turns into 24 foot when put together.
179. (continued) Would like use of shower and electricity to plug into, but not necessary.
180. Team Delaware Biking Blue Hens: Team of 8 males and 2 females. Looking for tenting space in a yard and shower and toilet facilities. Most of the group works in Law/CPA business and our average age is 50. Looking for floor space for sleeping bags or yard space for tents, shower facilities and a place to park the HenHaus, our big blue school bus.
182. Team of 4 males and 2 females looking for place for a motor home or van in driveway and access to shower and toilet facilities.
183. Team of 1 male and 2 females looking for a driveway for a 5th wheel that is 36' long. Husband will be pulling the 5th wheel and the daughter will be with him.
184. Team of 1 male and 2 females looking for in-house sleeping space, floor space for 3, or tenting in a yard for 1 tent. Would like access to shower and toilet facilities. They are a quiet family, 2 parents with a recent college grad. They like cats.
185. The B-Team: Team of 9 males and 5 females looking for tent space for 8 tents and space for a motor home or van in driveway. Would like access to shower and toilet facilities.
186. Team DDFS-G: Team of 4 males-3 riders and 1 driver. All in their 60's, have no pets, and non-smokers. They are here for the ride and not the party. Looking for space for a pickup and travel trailer where they will all bunk at night. Would like access to shower facility if possible.
187. Team Seven Starts: Team of 4 males and 2 females looking for either tent camping space for 3 tents or in-house sleeping space for 6.
188. Team Doodlebugs: Team of 2 males and 2 females looking for space in a driveway for a 27' 5th wheel-all non-smokers.
189. Team Imagine Peace: Team consists of 5 males and 4 females looking for space in driveway for motor home or van and in-house sleeping space. Looking for floor space for 4 if needed. Would like access to shower and toilet facilities.
190. Team of 3 males looking for in-house or floor space for 3. Non-drinkers, non-smokers, ages 50-60.
191. Team Ridge Riders: Team of 7 males and 1 female looking for tent space for 8 tents and space for a motor home or van in the driveway. Group consists of retired teachers, investment and IT people to farmers with the average age of 56. Enjoy involving the hosts in their nightly routine of sitting around and talking about the ride.
193. Team of 2 females who enjoy others, are loveable and ages 60 and 67. One is a teacher. The team is looking for in-house sleeping and would sleep on a cot or sofa bed and would like access to shower and toilet facilities.
194. Team Biff: Team of 3 males and 1 female who would like in-house sleeping space for 4. Three could sleep on the floor but the driver requires a bed as he is in his 70's and has a bad hip. Team could camp if no other options available.
195. Consists of 1 male-no special requests.
196. Team of 3 males-one is blind and rides as a stoker on a tandem bile. Team requests in-house sleeping space and access to shower and toilet facilities. Non-smokers and no pets.
197. Team Keowee Groupies: Team of 2 males and 2 females, responsible adults, all 55 years old. Requesting space for their 25' RV in a driveway.
198. Team Sigma: Team of 7 males and 2 females consisting of teachers, a fireman, 2 computer people, and 3 CPA's with the average age of 52. Team is looking for tent space for 7 tents and request the use of shower and toilet facilities.
199. Consists of 1 female who is a bank teller and does not smoke. She is looking for in-house sleeping space in a bed with access to shower and toilet facilities.
200. Team Fist Pump: Team consists of 2 males and 5 females who are looking for tent space for 5 tents or in-house sleeping space or floor space for 7. They are a young group that likes to travel and bike and most are involved in Jaycees. Quiet group and will not leave behind a mess.
201. Team Carberry Fehrs Family: Team consists of 1 male and 3 females ages 14, 24, 55, and 57 from Vermont who are interested in meeting folks from Iowa. The team requests tent space or in-house or floor space for 4 and access to shower and toilet facilities.
202. Team of 3 males looking for in-house sleeping space and access to shower and toilet facilities. Team consists of a 77 year old married, retired Business Ed Teacher who is a hunter, golfer, fisherman, traveler, and volunteer worker for Katrina victims in Mississippi. Also a Veteran-67 year old married Special Education Teacher who raises cattle on a small acreage and is a flower gardener featured in "Farm & Ranch" magazine-sleeps in a recliner or lounge chair because of spine issues. Also consists of a 29 year old insurance agent and grandson of the 77 year old male who enjoys mountain hiking, skiing, bicycling, football, basketball, and traveling.
203. Team Clubfab: Team of 11 males and 7 females looking for space for 6-8 tents or in-house sleeping space for 10 with access to shower and toilet facilities. Team requests space in driveway for two campers that need power and water. Team is from Sioux Falls.
204. Team Cherv: Team of 3 males and 1 female looking for space for a pickup truck and camper in a driveway and access to shower and toilet facilities. If electric is available, they will have all of the right cords. A bonus is if there are hosts that live near a local pool. Support crew is a retired couple that loves RAGBRAI (10 times) and are frequent campers that adapt to many conditions. The bikers are also RAGBRAI vets (10 years) ages 45-50.
205. Team Noco Loco: Team of 6 males from Colorado-average age is 55-60, looking for tent space for 6 tents. Would like access to shower and toilet facilities.